It began with a simple statement.
“I want to raise money for one of the children’s homes for Tiny Hands’ Dream Center. Or at least a chicken coop.”Now, I know my mom better than to think that was really an out-of-the-blue statement, as random as it seemed at the time. My mom is a woman of action and if she makes a statement like that, there is a plan in place. She didn’t even get to finish speaking before I caught her vision.
Since my son Mattias (“Tiggy”) died, my heart has turned toward the plight of children who have never known the kind of love he did even in his short life. Who live in poverty so extreme that their own parents sell them into slavery. Who are raised by the streets and who will more than likely turn their own children over to those same streets. My heart was turned toward the children served by Tiny Hands, International, a ministry we had come into contact with at our old church.
Tiny Hands is committed to empowering the church in southeast Asia to reach the poor, particularly the orphans, street children and victims of sex-trafficking. When we dedicated memorial money from Mattias’ funeral to their organization, we were heartened by the response. We took encouragement from the fact that the generosity of so many people (many of them strangers we knew only through online contact) would go to truly meaningful projects on the mission field. I have often thought of walking along the Dream Center’s paths in the shadows of the mountains of Nepal and have been reminded to keep my focus on the eternal.
So when my mom said she wanted to do a little bit more? Yeah, I was on board.
The VisionFully fund the construction of one children’s home for Tiny Hand’s Dream Center in Nepal: “Tiggy’s House.”
The ObjectiveRaise $50,000 in two years.
Wow. That’s a big goal. It is a little overwhelming to even think about. But we have it broken down into a list of many smaller goals in a notebook quickly filling with fundraising ideas, and we have faith that if this is the Lord’s work, He will see it through. But we can’t do it by ourselves.And this is where you come in. Would you consider helping us with any of the following?
- Pray for this endeavor, for us, and for everyone who feels led to give of their time and resources to Tiny Hands.
- Help us spread the word.This will only be possible with the help of an entire community of believers called to help.
- Share your ideas and experience. Here or at my personal page: Roscommon Acres.
- Consider donating to Tiny Hands. They added “Tiggy’s House” to their online form to keep track of donations. Or you can send them a check with the note “Tiggy’s House.”
- Do you or someone you know own a business? Would you consider donating a percentage of your sales for a specified time? Let me know and I will help promote it here, on Facebook, on Twitter and I’ll send a note to Tiny Hands who mentions fundraising events on their Facebook page.
- Did I mention pray for us? I think we’re going to need a lot of that. And keep checking back. In a few days, I’ll be announcing our first online fundraising event!
“. . . to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness . . . that he might be glorified.” ~Isaiah 61:3